Costume dress-up day on Halloween; here’s what you need to know

Looking for somewhere to show off your well thought out costume? Thursday, October 31st, is the day to be what you want.

Allie Serterides, Associate Editor

Thursday, October 31st, marks the only holiday that allows people of all ages to be whatever they want for just one night.  Halloween is finally here!

Unfortunately, this year, Halloween falls on a school night (Thursday), leaving students in a predicament of whether or not they should do their homework, or celebrate the enchanted night with their friends.  

Regardless of what you choose to do Thursday, trick-or-treating and other Halloween festivities will be cut short due to the weekday status of Halloween. 

Thus, the only costumes being worn after about 9 pm for most will be pajamas, as Falcons turn in early for school the next morning. 

Luckily, all Falcons are allowed to wear a costume of their choice (appropriate of course) on Thursday. 

StuCo will also sponsor a spooky Halloween Spirit Competition during assembly time, and there will be class spirit points up for grabs for the best-dressed girl and guy. 

Students are asked to dress in school-appropriate Halloween costumes and to kindly leave masks, weapons, and gore at home to avoid scaring the younger children.

Not only will the high school be celebrating this spooky day, but also the other divisions, including the Lower School, who will participate in a costume parade at 1:20 pm on the playground. This major fall event is known as the “Halloween Hootenanny!”

That well-known name ought to give Forever Falcons some nostalgic vibes.