The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is a great read

The City of Bones, written by Cassandra Clare, is one of my all-time favorite books. Set in modern New York City, it is a thrilling adventure story full of unexpected twists and awkward love triangles. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire novel.
When Clary Fray follows a mysterious boy named Jace Wayland, little does she know that she is about to enter a world of vampires, werewolves and demons. Her mother goes missing, Clary herself is attacked by a demon and within twenty-four hours Clary is dragged into Jace’s world, the world of the Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters are half human, half angel warriors that protect Earth from demons, vampires, werewolves and warlocks.
After Clary discovers that she and her mother are both Shadowhunters, she sets out to save her mother from Valentine Morgenstern, a power crazed Shadowhunter. Valentine attempts to steal the Mortal Instruments to build an army for himself to take over the Clave, the leaders of the Shadowhunting world.
I couldn’t help but fall in love with the with intriguing and well-developed characters. Clare’s writing made me experience fear, anger, love, hatred, heartbreak and betrayal right alongside Clary. Clare’s unique writing style is extremely descriptive and depicts a clear picture of the Shadowhunters world.
Jace is introduced as a mysterious and terrifying blue-eyed boy who has just murdered someone. The fact that he has killed someone should portray him as the bad guy; however, Clare’s description of his traumatic childhood just makes you love him more.
At first, Clary is described as a normal girl with normal friends. Her experiences throughout the novel force her to grow up quickly, and even though she is only 15, her thoughts and actions are a lot more mature than those of most girls her age.
This New York Times bestseller has been made into a motion picture and is scheduled to be in theaters in August 2013. With Lily Collins starring as Clary, Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace and Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine, I have high expectations for the movie.