Sony announces the Playstation 4

Attention gamers, newbs, noobs and anyone who enjoys video games: in late February, after seven long years of waiting, Sony officially announced the Playstation 4.

Playstation fans anxiously awaited the announcement at the E3 2013 Game Expo but were disappointed to find that only the controller has been built. The specs are laid out for the new Playstation, but Sony President Hiroshi Sakamoto could not decide on the console’s design. He assures gamers that there are no technical issues.

The Playstation 4 boasts a 160 GB SATA HDD storage device with an eight GB DDR5 RAM hardrive, which translates to a very large storage device with a memory faster than most gaming computers and the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 combined.

The graphics engine in the Playstation 4 is unlike any other. It has a 1.84 teraflop AMB next-generation “Radeon” graphics engine, meaning the graphics will be scary good, the Playstation 3 has only a 204 gigaflop graphics engine.

The Playstation 4 will have the ability to play Blu-ray movies like the Playstation 3, a new and improved player with a better quality picture than previously thought possible.

The online multiplayer, like the Playstation 3, is free, but will also come with Galkai Cloud Service.

Sony has told gamers to look for the Playstation 4 during the 2013 holiday, for a finalized price between $430 and $700.

For a countdown clock on the Playstation 4 release date, go to the official Playstation 4 Web site at www.ps4playstation4.com.