Annual senior breakfast unites Class of 2013

While the rest of the Upper School was busy taking the PSATs and PLAN tests, we seniors munched on pancakes and toast.

It has been a tradition at Saint Stephen’s for the past several years to honor all soon-to-be graduates with breakfast at the Head of School’s home. It is a special time for the senior class to bond and talk about future plans as the deadlines for college applications come closer.

As we enjoyed all sorts of breakfast dishes out on Mrs. Jan Pullen’s back porch, seniors had the opportunity to take a break from thinking about homework and enjoyed each other’s company outside of school.

After the meal, the seniors answered trivia questions and took pictures with their advisories, so that looking back years from now, they will be able to remember sharing that special morning with each other.

Coming into my senior year from a different school, I thought senior breakfast was something special. We became one big family.

Twenty years from now, during the reunion of the Class of 2013, we will remember the day we came to Mrs. Pullen’s house, ate all that wonderful food and shared our future goals and impressions of our senior year with our friends. It was truly a gift from the Saint Stephen’s community that will not be soon forgotten.