Danish students arrive at SSES for exchange visit

10 students from our Danish sister school, Eisbjerghus Internationale Efterskole, arrive for a week-long visit. Here’s all of the details.

Jackson Nealis

Mr. Yanelli welcomes Danish students Molly and Clara and their hosts Sophia Villaveces and Morgan Franklin to his Economics class. Photo submitted by Jackson Nealis.

Andrei Black, Staff Writer

This week, Eisbjerghus Internationale Efterskole, our sister school located in Denmark, has sent students to visit Saint Stephen’s for the second time. The visitors arrived Wednesday, October 26 and will remain with their host families through Wednesday, November 2nd. 

The Danish visitors have an extensive itinerary while on campus. They will be visiting all four of our divisions and shadowing their Falcon buddies during some of their classes and lunch periods. The Danes are scheduled to visit classes ranging from Art History to English To our very own journalism class.

10 students and their headmaster, Mr. Mads Poulsen, eight girls and two boys, made the journey to Florida.  Many SSES families stepped up, with upper schoolers Amelia Sabo, Tatum Tellbuescher, Jade, Apple, Sophia Villaveces, Vanessa Arias, Morgan Franklin, Madison McAvoy, Reese Williams, Patrick Van Eyck, and Sanjay Dastidar hosting our Danish friends in their homes. Those students will have the first-priority opportunity to travel to Denmark and be part of a cultural exchange going the other way.

Saint Stephen’s participates in these global exchanges so that we can move beyond the four walls here on campus. To the administration, a “world class education” means we should broaden our perspectives by learning about different cultures and collaborating with different schools around the world on shared projects.  

Saint Stephen’s students will start this project here at Saint Stephen’s and finish in Denmark when we visit in the spring.

1