Saint Stephen’s welcomes new teachers

The freshmen aren’t the only new faces in the hallways. The Saint Stephen’s Upper School has welcomed three new teachers as well.

Dr. Greg Anthou, Spanish teacher:

Dr. Greg Anthou, from Pittsburgh, Pa., teaches Spanish 2, Spanish 3 and Spanish Literature and Culture. He earned his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University, his Master’s degree from Middlebury College and his Ph.D. From Arizona State University.

Anthou has been teaching for 13 years at various schools in Georgia and Arizona, including Arizona State University.

“I wanted to teach at Saint Stephen’s because I liked the mix of focus on excellence in academics and building of character.” Anthou said. He said he is pleased with the Saint Stephen’s community”: It has a very welcoming, family feel,” he said.

Spanish teacher Dr. Greg Anthou has been teaching for 13 years at various schools in Georgia and Arizona, including Arizona State University.

Ms. Ligon Brooks, History teacher:

Ms. Ligon Brooks, originally from Tappahannock, Va., teaches Western Civilizations and AP Modern European History. Brooks received her undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary. She previously worked as a teacher and counselor at a summer program in Virginia called Jacob’s Ladder, a camp that enriches the lives of academically gifted, at-risk children.

Brooks said she came to Saint Stephen’s because she admired the faculty’s shared goal to provide an excellent education for their students. She said she is very impressed with the community. “Saint Stephen’s has a very friendly, positive learning environment.” She said.

When she is not teaching, Brooks said she enjoys Bollywood and musicals.

Ms. Ligon Brooks, originally from Tappahannock, Va., teaches Western Civilizations and AP Modern European History.

Ms. Jennifer Davis, Science teacher:

Chemistry teacher Ms. Jennifer Davis, from Chattanooga, Tenn., received her undergraduate degree at the University of Tennessee and her Master’s degree at Colorado State University. Before she came to Saint Stephen’s, Davis taught at a private school outside of Atlanta, Ga.

Davis said she is very impressed with the Saint Stephen’s community and thinks “the faculty are all very kind and the students are very respectful.” Davis said Saint Stephen’s has given her a warm welcome and she “couldn’t be happier.”

Outside of the classroom, the chemistry teacher said she loves lizards and has a passion for kayaking.

Chemistry teacher Ms. Jennifer Davis, from Chattanooga, Tenn., enjoys kayaking in her free time.