Breaking Dawn: Part II concludes the Twilight Saga

Fans of The Twilight Saga had high expectations for the final film, Breaking Dawn: Part II. Following the skepticism Breaking Dawn: Part I faced, the pressure for both the producers and the actors to step it up was immense.

The Twilight Saga follows an ordinary girl named Bella, played by Kristen Stewart, who moves to the small town of Forks and falls in love with vampire Edward Cullen, played by Robert Pattinson. Breaking Dawn: Part II is the conclusion of this saga. In the movie, Bella discovers what it is like to be a vampire while raising her new daughter, and the much-anticipated battle between the Cullens and the Voltouri takes place.

The long-awaited conclusion to the series was released in theaters on Friday, Nov. 16. Everyone was excited to see that the directors managed to add a plot twist that surprised even those who had read the books, while still doing a fabulous job of staying true to the novel.

Each actor fit his or her role perfectly. The chemistry between Stewart and Pattinson continued to make me believe their love was real, and actress Mackenzie Foy, playing Edward and Bella’s half-human, half-vampire child, captured the unique character’s quiet, curious and intelligent personality. Taylor Lautner succeeded in portraying his character, an attractive werewolf named Jacob Black, as the fierce, yet funny and lovable best friend.

The graphics and animation were life-like, seamlessly capturing Lautner’s transformations into his wolf form and Bella’s attacks on wild animals while she was learning to control her thirst for blood.

In my opinion, the best part of the movie was the very beginning, when Bella opens her eyes as a vampire for the first time. From the moment she wakes up, it is clear in her acting that the way she views the world has completely changed.

Overall, Breaking Dawn: Part II had much more action than the films leading up to it. Though I generally don’t enjoy action films, this has become my favorite film.