Senior Falcons soar to collegiate athletics

After their hard work, four Falcon’s have committed and signed their letters of intent to play their sport at the next level.

Matthew Vara

Matthew Vara commits to U Tampa for lacrosse.

Jackson Clark, Staff Writer

This year’s senior class is full of student athletes, but this past weekend there were four athletes who stood out among them all. Ben Long, Taylor Vogt, Matthew Vara, and Mia Ferdinand all signed their letters of intent for their universities. 

The first signee, Ben Long, signed his letter of intent this weekend to play Division I golf at the University of Kansas where he will be a Jayhawk.

Our second signee, Taylor Vogt, signed to play Division I soccer at Florida Atlantic University where she’ll be working hard as an Owl. 

Our third signee of the senior class, Matthew Vara signed to play Division II lacrosse at the University of Tampa where he’s going to continue his love of lacrosse throughout college. Go Spartans! 

Last but certainly not least, Mia Ferdinand has signed her letter of intent to play Division II tennis at Belmont Abbey College and pursue her love of the sport at the next level with her fellow Crusaders. 

We are so proud of you four and we’re excited to see where your college athletic journeys take you. We’re excited to see who signs next. Go Falcons!

1