SSES graduate takes home third in Jeopardy

Ryan Thompson, Staff Writer

Saint Stephen’s alumnus Hannah Sage competed in the 2018 season of Jeopardy: College Championship. The grand prize of the competition is $100,000 and a spot in next year’s show, Tournament of Champions.

After winning $17,000 in her first appearance, Hannah continued on to win in her semifinal round by $1, with total winnings of $28,401. With the Saint Stephen’s community backing her, she continued to thrive in the competitive environment that Jeopardy brings.

Currently, Sage is a Sophomore attending the University of Central Florida. Hannah is a member of UCF’s quiz bowl team, a continuation of her time as a part of the academic team at Saint Stephen’s. As a part of the academic team at SSES, she finished off her career with a state championship as a senior on the team. Hannah thanked Saint Stephen’s for preparing her for her appearances on the show.

Hannah Sage stands alongside fellow contestants

Before her mock game, interview, and handwritten test, she needed to pass to be a part of the show. The application process took Hannah through an online test that brought her to Atlanta for the rest of the process.

As Hannah continued to succeed on the show, Saint Stephen’s continued to support Hannah as she moved on in the tournament to the final game.

Hannah Sage won $25,000 and took home third place in the tournament. She placed behind tournament champion and Brown University freshman, Dhruv Gaur and the second place winner, Tufts University freshman, William Scott.