The three-stripe brand is taking over the sneaker game

Adidas tops Jordan for the second-best selling shoe brand of all time.

Adidas boost and NMD takes over the shoe game!

Samson Yang, Lifestyle Beat Writer

Adidas has changed streetwear with their new releases of the NMD, Boost, and Yeezy lines. Adidas has consistently provided a show taht both is stylish and affordable to normal high school student. Specifically with their NMD line coming in around $130-$150, that price is easily worth all of the attention and hype that comes with the brand. As a result, Adidas has recently surpassed the iconic Jordan brand to be the 2nd-biggest U.S. sports shoe brand. Nike, who holds the prime spot, should be cautious of Adidas potentially taking their spot soon.

For years, Jordans have been a rare shoe that sneakerheads would wait in ridiculous lines that stretch as far as one block in New York City. What Adidas did to challenge their competitors was create a shoe that would appeal to not just a small group such as sneakerheads, but rather the general public who can not afford a $300+ premium sneaker. With the combination of performance and style, Adidas has created a very hyped line of Boosts, NMDs, and Yeezy’s which recently put them above the classical Jordan brand. 

Nowadays, people compete with trying to find the most exlcuisve colorway of the Ultra Boosts or the NMD’s. For Adidas, this gives them an opportunity to expand their market and appeal to the demands of the masses. Nike utilized this style of marketing back when it released the Nike Free Run 5.0, but now Adidas is bringing this technique of sneaker exclusivity back to the table, which may ultimately challenge Nike’s number one spot as the best selling sneaker brand.

While some sneakerheads are still shocked, others have already began their Adidas ultra boost wishlist. Parker Lansberg, senior sneaker enthusiast from Saint Stephen’s, just responded with “Adidas, all of a sudden”. Even trying to find a pair of Jordans to take a picture of at Saint Stephen’s was a struggle. On the other hand, Adidas sneakers are everywhere. The three-stripe brand has made a statement and Nike better watch their backs.

Ask yourself? What is your favorite shoe brand (Poll)

Nike? Adidas? Jordan’s?