Going somewhere over Spring Break? Falcons share their plans and tips for an exciting vacation

Indre Zalepuga, Features Co-Editor

Spring break, one of the most awaited breaks of the school year, is just days away. Countless ideas of what to do in order to take a short break from school-work are flying through the students’ minds. Some of them will stay in-town, while others will travel abroad, all partaking in a variety of activities.

Here are what some of the students will be doing during their spring break vacation:

Sophomore Savannah Sandstrum: “I will be working on the Latin scrapbook for States, which is a record of all of the things that the Latin Club has done since Latin Nationals last summer, including the record of how we did in States this year.”

Senior Joseph Schneider: “I’ll be playing in a baseball tournament this upcoming Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. After that, I’ll be catching up on work, like reading a lot of AP Biology because I have that exam soon after break. Also, I’ll be working on my senior presentation, like gathering pictures for my PowerPoint of when I was a little boy to the present day. Lastly, I’ll be finishing the drafts for my senior speech.”

Freshman Lenae Jones: “I am going to Universal and in general I’ll stay in the Orlando area.”

Freshman Maddie Allen: “I will be up skiing in Colorado.”

Junior Amanda Viota: “I’m going to sleep, watch Friends, and eat chicken and pasta.”

Junior Cheyanne Fauvel: “I’ll be in a musical called Catch Me If You Can at the Players Theatre.”

Senior Valerie Arias: “I’m going to Cancun, in Mexico. My family and I will go to an underwater adventure park there.”

Sophomore Breatrice Brunschwiler: “I’m going to Guatemala to visit my friends and family and I’ll do community service there, too.”

Senior Madisen Francis: “I’ll just be hanging out with my sister.”

Sophomore Matt Goeders: “I will go up with my family to Memphis to check out the Rhodes College and maybe Graceland. It should be a swell time.”

Sophomore Dawson Hamilton: “I’m going to go work with dolphins in Discovery Cove in Orlando.”

Sophomore Artemiy Andreev: “I’m going back to Russia for two weeks. I’ll chill there and play some basketball. I’ll play in a tournament- the National Championship. I miss food the food too, including my mom’s cooking and the food from her restaurant, as well as Russian and Ukrainian food.”

Junior Annie Brey: “I’m going to the Keys and we have tennis districts Monday and Tuesday.”

Sophomore David Gao: “I have a golf tournament in Tampa and I’m hanging out in the 941.”

Here are a few suggestions that will surely keep you busy over the break:

Sophomore Savannah Sandstrum: “Go visit colleges or travel somewhere.”

Senior Keith Dunkleberger: “You can go to the beach or do yard work.”

Freshman Lenae Jones: “Go to the beach if the weather is nice and just relax.”

Freshman Maddie Allen: “Go to the beach because we live in Florida or get ahead in school.”

Junior Amanda Viota: “Go to Wawa, get an Icee, go to the beach, stare at the ocean from your car, then leave and go home.”

Junior Cheyenne Fauvel: “Go outside. Just walk around and see what you can find because it’s really cool and you can find a lot of places that were never there before. Go wandering in a city or downtown.”

Senior Valerie Arias: “Watch Netflix, take your dog to a dog park, visit the beach to get tan or go shopping in Ellenton.”

Sophomore Matt Goeders: “There are always things like cruises, visiting other countries or visiting grandma and grandpa. Also, since it’s getting warmer, I suppose you could go on a boat.”

Sophomore Letherio Jones: “Parasailing, water-skiing, rock-climbing, zip-lining and wake boarding would be very fun.”

Junior Annie Brey: “Mini-golfing, movies, regular golfing or playing tennis.”

With these students’ activities and the recommendations to keep you occupied during the week, you are bound to have an impeccable Spring Break to tell your friends about when you return to school.