Senior talent takes the stage for Senior Showcase

PG-rated comedy, fine-tuned singers and musical performances will transform the Upper School Commons this Friday, May 4, at 7 p.m. for the annual Senior Showcase. Students and parents, this is show time.

Senior Class President Alison Kanter said attendees should come prepared to laugh.

Senior comedians Tyler Cohenour and Evan Amato will be this year’s emcees.

“There are several music performances and one comedy act,” she said.

There will be a total of eight acts, Kanter said.

For the seniors, Senior Showcase is a win-win. Not only do they get a night of laughter and fun for just $5, but they also make a financial contribution to the future.

“The profits [typically] go to the senior class gift, but since we already have that covered, we will be either giving the money to the endowment fund or making our senior retreat better. We might upgrade our senior retreat tickets to [Universal Express Plus Passes] if we make enough money.”

Kanter has been behind the scenes, working with senior class sponsor Mr. Will Southerland on everything from who will perform and when, to who will be the emcees.

“It’s picking the date, getting all of the talent together, meeting with [the Technology Department], making sure everything is set up, telling all of the people that are doing it they need to bring their own equipment, picking the emcees and choosing what food and drinks we will have available,” she said.

Southerland agreed with Kanter and added that “putting up the banners and making sure everything looks nice” is the hardest part.

He said he hopes everyone will join in the fun this Friday.

“It’s a great time for the students to show their talents and to showcase all of their great abilities. [There will be] great music, and it’s a great time overall,” he said.

Despite all of her planning, Kanter said there is one thing that would make Senior Showcase even better.

“I’m hoping that Evan [Amato] will make another surprise entrance with the saxophone and his spandex suit. If that happens, the night will be great,” she said.

Tickets will be available for $5 at the entrance.