Overview of the Stress-Less Week

Exam+week+can+be+stressful.++But+there+are+ways+to+mitigate+that+stress.+
Sarabeth Wester
Exam week can be stressful. But there are ways to mitigate that stress.

It’s Stress-Less Week and we’ve got you covered so you can make the most of it. This annual Saint Stephen’s tradition, held before exam week, offers a variety of services to help students reduce their stress levels before the exam fun starts.  Here, we provided a rundown of the week’s events, we hope to see all of you there.

Stress-Less Week
Who doesnt love puppies? Today, during your study hall or break, venture out into the Palm Court years to relax with puppies.
Who doesn’t love puppies? Today, during your study hall or break, venture out into the Palm Court years to relax with puppies. (Lexi Vega )
Monday: Puppy day

On Monday, December 4th, Saint Stephen's students will be greeted with a stress-relieving, stress-relieving treat: puppies. That's right, it's puppy day, likely the most popular stress-less day leading up to exams. Simply sign up with Mr. Holt for your fifteen minutes of puppy therapy and meet us in the Palm Courtyard. Puppies Blaze, Major, Jackson, Trixie, Willow, and Zipper can't wait to be loved by you.

Do you hear silver bells? If you dont, get ready because Mr Forrester will bless your ears with his wonderful rendition of the Christmas classic.
Do you hear silver bells? If you don’t, get ready because Mr Forrester will bless your ears with his wonderful rendition of the Christmas classic. (Evanthia Stirou)
Tuesday: Caroling in the loggia

Wanna shave off those detention hours before break? Join Mr. Holt and Mr. Forrester on Tuesday, December 5th, in the lunch loggia for Carols, and you'll do that and much more. 

The Upper School band led by Mrs. Hambrick.
The Upper School band led by Mrs. Hambrick. (Cassidy Miller)
Wednesday: Middle school holiday concert

Do you like jazz? Well then, this is your day. Wednesday, December 6th, join Mr. Holt for a session of light jazz in the Palm Courtyard.  Bring your lunch and enjoy the live, smooth tunes from the steady hands of Mr. Holt. At the end of the day, there will be an Upper School and Middle School Holiday Concert at 6:30 pm in the Upper School Commons, so don’t be shy and stop by. 

Students enjoy a game of checkers, one of the possible games available to explore during the event.
Students enjoy a game of checkers, one of the possible games available to explore during the event. (Reese Williams)
Thursday: Card games in the commons

Thursday, December 7th, there will be card games in the US Commons. Led by Mrs. Springstead, students can play a variety of fun brain games as a way to exercise their brains in a stress-free manner. Play with your friends and bring those fun-filled board game nights to campus this holiday season. 

What better way to join in the festivities than to wear your most festive ugly holiday sweater ?
What better way to join in the festivities than to wear your most festive ugly holiday sweater ? (Sarabeth Wester )
Friday: Ugly sweater day

Friday, December 8th, is everyone's favorite day– it’s ugly sweater day! Come to school dressed to impress, wearing your favorite ugly holiday sweater. Prepare for the most jolly chapel service of the year as Mr. Forrester will lead his annual “Christmas Chapel Takeover.” Nothing will get you in the holiday spirit more than hearing from our beloved director. And with that service, our stress-less week comes to a close just in time for the start of exams. Best of luck, students. May the odds ever be in your favor. 

1