Prom is tomorrow; here are some tips to be sure you make the most of it

Samson Yang, Columnist

Prom 2017

Prom is tomorrow, April 21st, at Pier 22. It is a special night for upperclassman to share some of their last high school memories together. This special night can go wrong and you’ve got to make sure you cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s” to make the most of it. Follow these do’s and don’ts and you can’t go wrong!

DO: Start looking for your outfit weeks before prom. Do this so you can effectively plan your outfit for the night and give enough time to have it tailored or fitted to your liking.

DON’T: Start to look for your dress/suit the week of prom. Usually towards the week of prom, dresses go out of stock and suits/tuxes are harder to get and appointments are no longer available. You need to give time so you can properly prepare to avoid the unnecessary stress and chaos that comes with procrastinating your prom preparation.

DO: Make sure you have comfortable shoes to dance in. The worst thing that could ruin your night is uncomfortable shoes/heels for prom. Prom is all about dancing and being comfortable, so make sure you get appropriate shoes.

DON’T: Have expensive uncomfortable shoes/heels just because they look nice. This will aggravate you the whole night and make you regret wearing them. You don’t want to regret anything at prom, so having comfortable shoes is highly recommended.

DO: Try to eat healthier the days leading up to prom. Feel good to look good. A healthier diet tends to lead to a better mood and more energy overall, which could even lead to better smiles for prom pictures.

DON’T: Drink soda and eat junk foods. The last thing you want to worry about during prom is your stomach hurting or facial breakouts from all the junk food.

DO: DANCE. Enjoy all the time you can get out of this special night, and the best way to do that is dance with all of your friends. Let loose, have fun!

DON’T: SIT down at a table and be grumpy because you don’t like dancing. Take your date to the dance floor. Stop looking at the clock!

DO: SMILE. Be happy and forget about all the problems leading up to prom; enjoy your remaining time with your friends and stop worrying about the future or the past. Live in the NOW.

DON’T: BE MOODY. The last thing people want is a moody person to go to prom with or be around. These people bring the whole group mood down and bring about unnecessary negativity.

DO: Take Pictures! Don’t be afraid to get a picture with your date; capture a good memory that you can look back at in a couple of years. Capture every moment of this special night and share them with your friends and family.

DON’T: Frown and get all salty in your pictures.  Get involved. Don’t be shy. Ask to take a picture of people you usually don’t take picture with.

Prom is a very special occasion that can be a highlight of your high school life; it is important to make sure you enjoy this time with your best friends because you won’t get many chances like this anymore.

Let go and do not be afraid to break out some dance moves in front of your classmates. Mostly importantly, just have fun.