National Honor Society inductees celebrate their scholarly achievements.

Today, many Upper Schoolers adorned their dress clothes as they were inducted into the prestigious National Honor Society. New inductees were brought forth before the student body and parents in chapel and given both a bouquet of flowers and a certificate of achievement.

These inductees were recognized for their diligence in scholarship, leadership, service and character, characteristics that are required in order to receive membership into NHS. Towards the end of the ceremony, the inductees stood and raised their right hands as they joined member Aiste Zalepuga, a senior, in reciting the NHS pledge:

“I pledge myself

Always to seek the light of truth,

To hold scholarly habits

To engage in worthy service,

And to lead forward in all things

That shall advance the welfare of my school and my community.”

At the conclusion of the ceremony, the inductees were formally congratulated by co-sponsor of the Saint Stephen’s chapter of the National Honor Society, Ms. Kim Lord, as the chapel was drawn to a close by the Student Chaplain, senior Joshua Kezar. The inductees and their parents were then invited to a brief reception in the church courtyard, where they celebrated their achievements.

This year’s inductees were:

Sophomores: Isabelle Bermudez, Tiagpaul Bhamber, Megan Carr, Kemery Colbert, Lauren Csubak, Laura DeMaio, Savannah Glasgow, Kristen Jones, Lewis Khella, Eric Nolting, Gera Versfeld, Andrew Walter, Emmy Woodson and Jorge Zavala.

Juniors: Summer Begalka, Charles Boothby, Avery Cok, Harris Dunlap, Connor McMillan, Noah Thompson, Brendan Worthy and Yvonne Zheng.

Senior: Candies Zhou.