Lunchtime entertainment: robot battle and musical performance

Kassandra Haakman, Co-Editor in Chief

Tomorrow, May 3rd, promises a very eventful lunch period. There will be two events going on: a musical performance and a robot battle.

Those who are upset about the cancellation of the senior showcase may want to visit the Palm Courtyard to watch a musical performance. A group of four seniors: Rishab Ramamurthy, Hayes Chatham, Jack Berry, and Robert Smith will be playing a piece that they were originally going to play at the senior showcase before it was cancelled.

For those who want to watch something more exciting, there will be a robot battle in the Intermediate School basketball court. Mr. Lindsay, who will be running the battle, wrote a short description of the event:

On Thursday, May 3rd, the Technology Internship students will gather at12:45 on the Intermediate School basketball court with their Battle Bot projects.  This is a fun and exciting competition they do each year as their final (graded) project that exemplifies all of the merits of our STEAM program.

This year, all of the bots are required to be hovercraft (i.e. no wheels), which makes the design and driving much more difficult.  Mr. Forrester will once again provide the melodious tones as the Master of Ceremonies while the students crash their bots into each other. The winner of the competition will be the last bot running, just like the traditional demolition derby.

Bring a lunch or snack, grab some shade, and cheer on the students!”

In conclusion, whether they prefer listening to music or feel that exciting robot battles are more their speed, everyone can agree that lunchtime tomorrow will certainly be eventful and exciting.