Brand of bottled water changes to Dasani; raises eyebrows

Dasani Water being sold in the lunchroom

Samson Yang, Columnists

At the beginning of the school year, Saint Stephen’s switched bottled water brands from the traditional Geyser Springs brand to Dasani water.

You may be saying to yourself, “Wow, that’s a trivial topic,” but according to numerous Falcons, it’s a topic that’s getting under the skin of lunch room consumers.

Over the previous years, the student body has become used to the classic Geyser Springs; it has a clean, natural taste. The replacement of Geyser with Dasani has made some students upset as a result of Dasani’s taste.

It is a common reaction from bottled water drinkers that Dasani tastes like tap water with added minerals.  Obviously, there are filling stations through the school, so there is an option for students who aren’t fans of Dasani.  However, for many, bottled water is a their go-to.

Senior Chris Pennewill has found himself buying Dasani bottles just to dump them out and refill at the filtered water at the water filling station. Additionally, Yearbook Editor Zoey Block said she avoids drinking the bottled water.

Dasani tastes like someone went into the ocean and filled up their water bottle there; salty and not natural like the classic Geyser Springs

— Chris Pennewill

To placate these water enthusiasts, we could replace the Dasani Water with either the original Geyser Springs or just no longer offer plastic water bottles in school and sell refillable water bottles that students can refill throughout the day at the filling stations.

The shift in water bottle brands isn’t a big deal for many, but it has some students taking notice.

“Dasani Water does not taste like water”

Do you like Dasani water?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...