Seniors dominate Spirit Week

The points are for real this year.

With day four of Spirit Week in the books, the seniors have swept away the competition, winning the bake-off, lip sync, dance-off and Thursday’s noodleation event. Heading into the final day of festivities, the seniors hold a commanding lead, with the juniors, sophomores and freshmen trailing, respectively.

Spirit Week kicked off with a futuristic theme on Monday, as the seniors snapped a two-year winning streak by the junior class in the bake-off. The winning cake, an edible model of the football stadium that Saint Stephen’s hopes to construct on campus, appealed to student’s eyes and taste buds. Junior Becca Roat’s alien costume and freshman Curtis Stump’s Bender get-up won best-dressed for the day.

Tuesday’s 20th Century theme brought a wide assortment of student costumes, from freshman Cheyenne Fauvel’s flapper dress to junior Cole Sorenson’s Elvis attire.

Both Fauvel and Sorenson took home awards for their costumes, and the seniors won the lip sync, with a musical tour of the 20th century.

The Age of Exploration was celebrated on Wednesday, as junior Ali Wood and sophomore Ben Kalish won best dressed with matching costumes, both paying tribute to the popular Disney Pixar film Up.

Senior domination continued on Wednesday, as the class of 2013 brought down the house with a dance-off that included history teacher Mr. Yanelli leading the senior class in “the Bernie Lean.”

On Thursday, as knights and maidens walked through the Upper School halls on Middle Ages Day, senior Herman Israelsson won the noodleation, bringing down junior Bradley Beazant to capture the win.

Day four costume winners included junior Chelsea Burgess sporting her best Queen of Hearts attire and freshman Josh Willard dressed up as Robin Hood.

The final day brought yet another victory for the senior class, this time topping the rest in the float and cheer competitions. However, the freshman were able to take first place for their medieval-themed banner, thus thwarting the seniors from the clean sweep. The artist of the winning banner was Cheyenne Fauvel.

The final tally for the spirit points included the sophomores coming in last with a rather pathetic total score of 150, and the freshman coming in third with 160 points. The juniors put up a slightly more respectable score of 170 points, and the seniors scorched the rest of the competition, scoring an astounding 270 spirit points.