Student council pie party is big hit

In order to raise money for the school year, the student council provided some interesting incentives…

Khashayar Eshaghi, Contributing Writer

On Thursday, November 3rd, Saint Stephen’s student council managed to hold a pie-throwing party at the palm courtyard. Nine members of student council participated in this fund raising event. Their ultimate goal was to collect money from students during the past week in order to raise funds for fun activities.

On Wednesday during the assembly, Jonathan Boyd, the president of the student council, announced that if they collect $650 by the end of Thursday, Mr. Hoonhout, Mr. Yanelli and Mr. Sopher would also get pied alongside student council members. Unfortunately for these faculty members, the goal was met, and they all ended up with a pie in the face.

According to Mr. Hoonhout, the pie-ing experience was fun, but had room for improvements: “I love taking one for the team.  The student council did a great job bringing the school together for the cause.  But if I were them, I’d think twice about the chocolate syrup.  I mean, really?”

Fortunately, Mr. Hoonhout had the foresight to change into his soccer clothes, unlike Mr. Sopher, who ruined a formal shirt for the cause!

This event brought the whole upper school together, both in collecting money and watching their favorite teachers and classmates get pied.

hayes

image6

image7