Clinton “mock” rally excites supporters before election

Young dems met in the commons to show support for the party

Carson Neeves, Contributing Writer

Ms. Murphy’s 7th period government class led a Democratic mock rally today during lunch time in the upper school commons. Students impersonated the Democratic big wigs, discussing the issues facing the nation and answering questions from the audience in a “town hall” format. Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Manager, Robby Mook (played by Artemiy Andreev), gave a stirring opening speech that threw the crowd into a frenzy.

The Democratic nominee for Vice President, Tim Kaine (played by Lethario Jones), introduced Hillary Clinton (Dasha Fomina).  Fomina talked about issues such as gun reform, women’s rights, economic policy, and international relation
s. Mid-way through her speech, she introduced Bernie Sanders (played by a believeable Carson Neeves) to talk about the differences between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

However, the rally was not without conflict. Led by Alana Shukovsky, protesters, including Daniel Eisenman and Jerry Wang, asked hard-hitting questions that were dodged by Hillary and her team. Throughout the rally, protesters chanted, “Make America great again!” They were eventually shouted down by pro-Hillary supporters headed by Kelsey Leskinen. After the protesters were forcibly removed and not allowed to ask anymore questions, the rally went on without a hitch.

Overall, the rally was a success and the audience members showed tremendous support for the Democratic Party.