2015 Prom highlights

Kaitlyn Siegel, Features Editor

Red roses, twinkling lights, and the New York City skyline; these were just a few of the decorations that transformed the second floor of The River House into a “Night in New York,” the theme of this year’s prom.
Around 7:00 P.M, upperclassmen, with the exception of a few freshman and sophomores, streamed into the venue and enjoyed drinks from the large selection.
Similar to New York, the latest styles were on display at every corner.  Students sported beautiful gowns from local boutiques such as the Rusty Cricket as well as larger department stores like Macy’s and Dillard’s. Junior Devon Sullivan’s favorite part of the night was seeing these styles. “Seeing how beautiful everyone looked in their dresses was one of my highlights. l like Saint Stephen’s tradition of everyone wearing long dresses because we all match in pictures, but the different cuts and patterns show everyone’s unique style”
A delectable dinner was served next. Students had the choice of chicken piccata or eggplant parmesan. After the meal, students took to the dance floor, breaking it down to everything from “Bailando” to “Teach Me How to Dougie.” Senior, Ben Kalish said, “I had a lot of fun dancing with Devon out on the dance floor.”
Along with dancing, attendees captured memories in the photo booth, and watched the sunset from the balcony overlooking the water. “I thought it was really fun having a photo booth there; my friends and I squeezed four people in, and kept looking at the screen instead of the camera,” said junior Tiffany Chinwuba.
Near the end of the evening, the prom king, queen, princess and prince were announced.  From the senior class, Garret Barnes and Paige Lindsay won the title, and from the junior class Lane Barnes and Matthew Israel took home the crowns.   Whether it was the fashion, the photo booth, the food, or the awesome music, this year’s prom surely was a night to remember.