Homecoming Week Day four: what a marvel-ous day!

Tiffany Chinwuba, Opinions Section Editor

Day four of Homecoming started out like any other day.  Students arrived in their costumes, teachers counted them, and then they proceeded to classes.  But Noodlelation changed all of that. Noodlelation, for those who don’t know, is a spirit event that takes place in the commons in which two students from each grade try to knock off the balloons that are attached to members of other grades, using pool noodles.  The game can get violent in the midst of trying to hit the balloons off your opponents while at the same time defending your own.  But student council sponsors do a good job of regulating. The spirit event is challenging and through a bystanders perspective, physically demanding, but it really gets the whole Upper School involved as everyone cheers on their grade.

Watch the video and see the results below.

First place: Seniors

Second place: Juniors

Third place: Sophomores

Fourth place: Freshmen

The greatness didn’t end there.  In addition to Noodlelation, there was the banner spirit competition. The banner event showcased the artistic talents of students.  Each grade made a banner that exhibited their school spirit, class spirit, creativity, and techniques. The banners were hung up in the gym and each banner was unique in it’s own way.

Before the great banners were hung up in the gym the Oscar winners were given their well deserved prize. The Oscar winners are below.

best dressed guy: Henry Wallace ’17

best dressed girl: Anna Boyd ’15

Marvel

The Freshmen banner

The Sophomore banner

The Junior banner

The Senior banner

The results for the banner competition are:

First place: Seniors

Second place: Sophomores

Third place: Juniors

Four place: Freshmen