Students rush to finish interim three assignments

February 27th marks the wrap up of interim three, the longest quarter of the school year. Although students still strive to finish strongly and proudly in the third quarter, they agree it has been a manageable goal.

What work do you still have left to finish before interim three ends? How will you finish it all?

Junior Andrew Zandomenego: Getting closer to the end of interim three, I have a lot of tests, quizzes and essays to finish up. So, I guess these past two weeks I’ve been staying up longer and definitely working a lot longer than I normally would during the interim. I feel that the teachers step up towards the end of interim three, or just interim three in general, compared to other interims. I guess they’re trying to get everything done for this interim. I feel interim three is always the hardest one with the most work.

Junior Eric Thodal-Ness: Todo o nada is literally the only thing I have left [for Spanish] because Señor keeps changing the regular verbs.

Junior Garret Barnes: Well, I missed three days last week because of Harvard Model Congress. So, I’m doing make up work, and I’m going to ask Mrs. Teske if I could push back my deadlines some more so I have room. I’ve made up most of my work. [I’m] kind of panicking. [Third interim] always comes faster than you think, but fourth interim is the last half of the marathon.

Junior Madisen Francis: I have an essay that I’m doing today, due tomorrow, [February 27th]. I have a Physics quiz to study for, so I will be waiting for block study hall tomorrow to finish all of it.

Junior Paige Lindsay: I have a lot of missing assignments from when I was sick and absent, so I’ve been trying to finish those and get those in because I have a lot of zeroes to fix. Other than that, in most of my classes we’ve just finished tests, so we’re starting interim four work. I will probably stay up pretty late into the night working [to finish interim three work]. I have sports practice after school, so I start homework pretty late, but I hope it will be worth it.

Junior Ben Kalish: I have an AP Language essay to write, a Pre-Calculus test to take, a Physics test, an AP US test and essay to write. I was gone last week, [so] I’m taking the Pre-Calculus test on Monday. That’s technically after the interim ends, so that will go in afterwards, but everything else I will have to do somehow.

Junior Valerie Arias: I have a paper due tomorrow and I’ll probably write it during a meeting I have outside of school. Since I have block study hall, I’ll finish that up, print it and turn it in to turnitin.com.

Junior Tim Macchi: I had a lot of work at the beginning of this week mostly because we had to finish the unit that we were in to get a certain number of tests, quizzes or papers before the end of the interim, so we didn’t have just one paper or one test. Time management was probably the main way I finished it. It’s really hard and stressful, but you have to suck it up and go.

Senior Chase Myer: I have an AP Art History tomorrow. They’re not too easy. Recommendation, don’t freak out about your grades. If you’ve been holding strong the whole interim, you should be fine. Just calm it down and get ready for the fourth interim.

Senior Laura Demaio: I have two tests to finish up– [AP] Art History and Calculus. I will stay after school today to review Calculus and study some Art History to finish the interim strong, but I’m not too stressed about it.