Student-athletes honored in signing ceremony

Although it was not the official signing day for their respective schools, three senior athletes, Bernardo Sanson, Hannah Howell and Connor Lynch, were honored in the signing ceremony last Wednesday.

Athletic Director Carlos Boothby shared a few words about each athlete before they ceremonially signed their letters of intent.

Senior Bernardo Sanson has competed in tennis competitions all over the world while training at the IMG Academy for the past several years. Despite being new to the school this year, he is the top ranked player at Saint Stephen’s in both singles and doubles tennis, and is currently undefeated. He will continue playing tennis at the University of Dayton, where he plans to study engineering.

Senior Hannah Howell is a Forever Falcon and has played a total of six sports at Saint Stephen’s, earning five MVP awards in her time here. While her main sport is soccer, she is also a leader on the school’s track and cross country teams. In the fall, she will attend Georgetown University, where she will play soccer for the Hoyas.

Senior Connor Lynch has been on the Varsity golf team since middle school, and has earned three MVP awards in that time. He is currently ranked as one of the top 20 golfers in the state. He will attend Brown University in the fall, where he will play on the school’s golf team.